Salary £35-45k depending on experience
The Allies Group has a rare opportunity for an experienced PR professional to head up our rapidly growing PR department. We’re looking for a passionate and creative individual to lead on managing our existing clients as well as working with our business development team to bring in new accounts.
At the Allies Group, we focus on three key service lines: creative content, digital marketing and digital training. We’ve got an exceptional team of talented individuals and you’ll be working with our journalists and content writers, PR executive, creative designers and digital marketing specialists on a range of accounts in a variety of industries. The group focuses on five industry sectors; education, hospitality and leisure, professional services, retail and e-commerce and public and not-for-profit. We represent some of the top names in each of these sectors in the North East and beyond.
PR is changing and many roles today are purely digital, what is great about the PR we do at Allies Group is that, while we do have Digital PR requirements, many of our clients still love traditional PR too, so you’ll need a little black book brimming with contacts in print, broadcast and digital media.
Reporting directly to our MD, you’ll be liaising with journalists, influencers, writing press releases, organising photography, pitching for new business and producing content for websites and client literature. Allies Group also publishes a range of beautiful magazines, including North East luxury lifestyle magazine, Luxe, and a number of contract titles for high end fashion and hospitality brands, so you may also have the chance to write for these titles – a unique opportunity that you won’t find anywhere else and that will help add another string to your creative bow.
- Developing creative PR campaigns
- Strategy and planning
- Client handling
- Creating compelling client pitches
- Media relations
- Team management and mentoring
- Measurement and evaluation
Required skills and interests
- Previous experience in an agency and in-house would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic team player with can do attitude
- Your copywriting skills need to be second to none, with outstanding spelling, grammar and proof-reading capabilities, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to the team and clients, to presenting stories to journalists, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting way to capture everyone’s attention.
- Demonstrable experience of working in PR.
- Driven to deliver the best results for our clients, and to secure the best coverage.
- Exceptional creativity – we need you to come up with clever ideas for stories and campaigns.
- Strong news sense and storytelling abilities.
- Experience in B2B and B2C sectors.
- Existing media relationships and the ability to build new ones.
What we offer:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Remote working – sure we have a fantastic office where you’ll be based day-to-day which is great, but that’s not to say you must be there day in day out, it’s nice to have a change in environment occasionally. Should you wish, you can work from home some of the time too! When you are in the office, you’ll enjoy our contemporary, vibrant working environment with free fruit and healthy snacks – we’ve also got an active social scene, we work hard and play hard!
- We know it’s not all about work, which is why we offer our team half a day each month, out of the office, for you to do something you care about. This could be voluntary work or care work but must be about giving back to society in an unpaid capacity.
- The opportunity to be involved in a well-funded, professional business and to directly influence future success.
- The opportunity for performance related bonuses. If you bring in new business or do such a great job that existing clients increase their commitment with us, we’ll reward you. We also run an employee of the quarter scheme, where each winner receives a financial bonus.
- An additional day off for your birthday!
- Extra perks including discounts off hotel stays, in local eateries and free tickets to events.
To apply please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter to; [email protected]