About Allies Group and the role
At Allies Group our focus is on content creation, publishing, and digital marketing for our diverse client portfolio. This is an exceptional opportunity to join us at a key time in our growth and development, to lead strategic communications and PR for Allies Group and our clients. You will be supported in the role by our talented team of journalists and content writers, creative designers, and digital marketing specialists.
Our group focuses on five industry sectors: education, hospitality and leisure, professional services, retail and e-commerce, and public and not for profit. We represent some of the top names in each of these sectors across the North East and further afield. With strong year-on-year growth, you can be confident that you will be joining an ambitious business with a reputation for delivering creative and innovative results.
- Competitive salary
- Full time (will consider job share / part time)
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), plus public bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Contributory pension scheme
- Joining a friendly, hard working team, based in Team Valley, Gateshead, which is easily accessible by public transport and offers access to free parking
Our journalists are responsible for producing engaging and relevant written content for a variety of publications and online channels – from our in-house regional lifestyle magazine ‘Luxe’ and its dedicated website, to those of our clients. These include some of the North East’s most exclusive hotels and hospitality venues, as well as prestigious business and finance organisations, and education establishments.
As a trained and experienced journalist you will be an accomplished writer with an excellent news sense and strong attention to detail. Capable of conducting interviews on the phone and in person, you will be able to turn these conversations into precise and engaging copy appropriate for the publication you are writing for.
Supported by the Head of Communications and with the support of our small team of fellow journalists, you will research, write, and sub-edit content for contract publications and in-house lifestyle magazine Luxe. You will also contribute to the Luxe and Allies Group websites and social media channels, and support the sales team with creative ideas for advertorials and client proposals.
If you have a natural flair when it comes to writing audience-appropriate features and news pieces, and are looking for a position in a friendly, fast-paced team – then this role is ideal for you.
- Source and write engaging news and feature content for publication in regular magazines for the lifestyle and business markets – including meeting and interviewing people from across the region
- Create and implement content plans and forward feature documents
- Be an effective and enthusiastic member of our busy team of journalists, photographers, and designers to produce regular publications
- Collaborate with the design team to edit and sub pages using Adobe InDesign
- Support the sales team on revenue-based content and advertorial features
- Feed into tender opportunities in collaboration with colleagues
- Work with Allies Group colleagues and board members to constantly develop the Luxe and Allies Group contract publishing offering
- Be a valuable member of Allies Group’s senior team, sharing ideas and providing support and guidance as required
- Exceptional written content and on-time production of publications including Luxe and contract magazines for clients
- Delivery of effective advertorial features
- Rich body of current content available on Allies Group and Luxe websites
- Great working relationships developed with team members across Allies Group, clients and external agencies, to successfully deliver print publications and online content
As a journalist with proven experience of researching and writing engaging and precise content for various audiences and channels, you will be a highly organised team player, able to handle multiple, diverse projects at once – reprioritising in response to shifting deadlines as required. We are particularly interested in journalists with experience of writing for lifestyle and business audiences.
- Journalism qualification (NCTJ) or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience of writing audience-focused content for print and digital media
- Skilled at editing, proofreading and subbing
- Familiar with WordPress
- Good contacts and a commitment to networking within the region
- Demonstrable experience of applying innovative ideas and creativity to solve problems, and identify opportunities
- Commitment to maintain professional conduct, respecting confidentiality and financial propriety, working alongside colleagues, clients and fellow professionals with integrity and honesty
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Experience in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Trained in SEO and social media marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, targeted to specific audiences and channels
- Adept and efficient at producing and delivering compelling content for print and digital media
- Ability and willingness to to learn new content management and editing software systems
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and adapt to manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects and channels to meet deadlines
- Adaptable, resilient and driven to deliver high-quality outcomes
- An effective and supportive team player, able to manage own time and workload
- Sound news sense, able to translate often complex or detailed information into newsworthy content
- Able to apply innovative ideas and creativity to solve problems, and identify opportunities with proven positive outcomes
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role to [email protected]
Closing date: Thursday 16 February
To arrange an informal conversation about this role contact Chris March, Allies Group CEO: [email protected]