- Salary: Up to £35k per annum (pro-rata and dependent on experience)
- Full or Part-time hours available, to be agreed
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), plus public bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Contributory pension scheme
- An integral member of a friendly, hard working team, based in the north east region, which is easily accessible by public transport
Allies Group is a results driven content marketing agency. We offer our clients an end to end marketing service specialising in all forms of creative content, including brand and campaign design, performance marketing, website development, publishing, communications strategy & PR.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join us at a key time in our growth and development, to manage strategic communications and PR for Allies Group and our diverse client base. You will report to the Head of PR & Communications and work with a talented team of journalists and content writers, creative designers and marketing specialists.
Our group focuses primarily on six key industry sectors: education, hospitality and leisure, professional services, retail and e-commerce, public and not for profit and net zero communications. We represent some of the top names in each of these sectors across the North East and further afield. With strong year-on-year growth, you can be confident that you will be joining an ambitious business with a reputation for delivering excellent creative and innovative results.
The PR Manager will be integral to developing internal and external communications strategies and campaigns for our clients. There will be responsibility for delivering on KPIs for clients, managing client portfolios, including campaigns and projects, while also measuring impact of activity, ensuring clients remain informed and aware of progress.
The PR Manager will provide input on a myriad of responsibilities that may include reputation and crisis management, stakeholder engagement, PR and media relations, media briefings, product activations and press visits. Having the ability to liaise directly with regional and national media face-to-face in meetings, with clients, at press launches, via video calls, email, or the phone, will be important. A strong ability to develop compelling copy to short timescales for a variety of different platforms and audiences will also be important.
Through your experience and expertise you will be able to access the most relevant audiences, enabling clients to achieve positive recognition for their brand, solutions and services. You will be responsible for both cultivating and maintaining excellent relationships with media, clients, and stakeholders.
You will be responsible for creating, delivering and evaluating campaigns and activities that lead to the effective positioning and promotion of Allies Group and its clients, from initial scoping to achieving outcomes and evaluating effectiveness. You may also be required to support the content team with production of publications including in-house lifestyle magazine Luxe, as well as contract publishing projects.
- Devise and deliver communications and PR projects and campaigns working to high standards of copywriting and accuracy. This could be for both Allies Group and its clients
- Writing in a variety of styles for a variety of audiences, including engaging press releases in addition to longer form, insightful, well-researched, thought-leadership content.
- Directly pitch press releases, blogs and feature ideas to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering client stories.
- Help grow the traditional and digital PR revenue lines through building strong connections and through using case studies and testimonials effectively to convey the team’s capabilities and success metrics
- Feed into tender opportunities in collaboration with colleagues
- Be a valuable member of Allies Group’s wider content team, sharing ideas and providing support and guidance as required
- Successful delivery of communications and PR campaigns on behalf of our clients and also Allies Group
- Build a trusted network of media connections
- Delivery of effective proposals and tender responses
- Growth and retention of the PR clients across the year
- Delivery of communications strategies for Allies Group’s key accounts
- Information gathering for comprehensive case study development
We are looking for an experienced PR professional, with a proven track record in PR and communications. You will have relevant and current knowledge of developing and delivering communications, PR and digital communications strategies to achieve positive outcomes. We are looking for a skilled team member, able to write effective media releases and statements, respond to media enquiries, and evaluate the effectiveness of all PR and communications activity. As an experienced PR professional you will also know how to manage media in the event of an incident, providing guidance and advice to senior colleagues and client contacts as required.
Highly-organised, you will be able to handle multiple, diverse projects at once – and prioritise in response to shifting deadlines as required.
You will develop excellent working relationships with team members across Allies Group, clients and external agencies, to successfully deliver multi-channel campaigns.
- Proven agency or in-house experience leading the delivery of strategic PR and communications for multiple clients or areas of a business
- Experience of successful delivery as part of a diverse team
- Although not a necessity, journalism experience would be beneficial
- Ability to write audience-focused content for print and digital media
- Good contacts with regional and national news media
- Able to apply innovative ideas and creativity to solve problems, and identify opportunities with proven positive outcomes
- Confident targeting journalists, writers and publications in specific sectors
- Able to handle media incidents / manage communications in response to a crisis
- Commitment to maintain professional conduct at all times, respecting confidentiality and financial propriety, working alongside colleagues, clients and fellow professionals with integrity and honesty
- An appreciation of SEO and digital marketing / or a willingness to learn
- Sound news sense, able to translate often complex or detailed information into newsworthy content
- Ability to develop and deliver effective PR and communications campaigns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, targeted to specific audiences and channels
- Able to apply creativity to communications projects and brand enhancement
- Adaptable, resilient and driven to deliver high-quality outcomes
- An effective and supportive team player, able to manage time and workload